Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Lighting quick


It’s not uncommon for the Great British weather to cause us maintenance problems, after all, rain, snow and wind can cause lots of damage.

It was slightly more surprising, though, to discover recently that lighting had been the cause of an issue at some of our homes in Stanley, County Durham.

At first, we were called to what we thought would be a routine repair, namely a boiler that had stopped working.

But it was only when one of our contractors went to the home that they discovered there was a lot more to it.

The clue came when the contractor saw sparks coming from a phone socket. He put two and two together and realised the thunderstorm the night before had been the culprit, with a few of our houses having been hit by lighting.

Thankfully, no-one was injured but it was particularly pleasing to see how quickly our contractors responded to the situation.

We are too small to have our own in-house maintenance team so we rely on a roster of local contractors. These contractors are small, local companies, with many other jobs to do, other than ours, but they dropped everything to come to our assistance.

So we would like to thank our electricians Vince Elwick & Son and heating engineers Phil Dobson Gas Technical Services.

Great work guys; now, we are hoping that lighting doesn’t strike twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment